Buttermilk Pie

Oh my, I just made the best pie I ever tasted…or made, for that matter!

The other day, I was reading my most favorite blog (www.warmpiehappyhome.blogspot.com), and she shared a pie recipe I have never heard of.  Buttermilk Pie did not sound appealing to me, but as I read the ingredients, it didn’t seem all that bad.

She also shared a EASY crust recipe!   I’ve never met a pie crust I liked…they don’t like me either.  But all you do is throw some ingredients together, mix, and then put it in the pie pan and press it until it’s formed to the pie dish.  Simple, simple, simple!

At the end of her blog, she shared a link to a youtube video of a woman making a different Buttermilk Pie recipe.  So I decided to try this recipe out tonight, and really see if this pie crust will love me, and see if this pie is as good as they say!

Well, the outcome?  YUMMY!!!  It’s a quick recipe to throw together, and it tastes as if you slaved over it!  If you like salty with sweet flavor, this is the recipe you should try!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I do hope to get back to blogging REALLY soon!  I’ve been very busy, and blogging was the last thing on my mind!  But there’s a few recipes I would love to share, and so much more!  See y’all soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lord-bless

Comments

Voorhees Family said…
Yay!! Thanks Heather for blogging, hehe. I enjoyed watching this video; loved the pie (wanna make one) but also enjoyed the southern touch ;)
Anonymous said…
Hmm interesting looking pie :)
Amy said…
I enjoyed reading about Ruthann's recipe and link, as well. I haven't baked either pie yet, but I did pick up some buttermilk for this weekend. I am going to try the recipe with the lemon first. I'll let you know what we think. Glad to have you back.

Amy
Adelheide said…
Yay, it's good to see you back Heather! Pie sounds really good right now, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Popular posts from this blog

Something’s Gonna Give

A Baby Changed Everything!

Craft Fair and other news