Memories of “Little Women”

 As you read this, listen to the YouTube soundtrack of Little Women, as it will take you to that place of old and  bring back memories of your own.

Every time I watch “Little Women”, it brings back my fondest memories of my sisters and mom.

My mom, sister (Kristen), and I made a special trip to Portland to see this movie in December of 1994.  I remember it being a cold day as we walked into the warm, huge, and packed theater.  The sense of warmth of the theater, and  all the people made me know that this was going to be a special movie.  And must I say, that was the most comfortable theater chair I ever sat in!

Once those opening credits started, I started having goosebumps just from the beautiful and powerful music! 

7469246_gal Then being taken away to a world that I never been before, for I had never read the book. 

lw9a We laughed…

lw103a and cried…

lw75a…and was quite frustrated that Laurie and Jo never married!  Come one!  Oh well!

 Seeing this movie with my mom and sister was a memory I will never forget !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lw5a

Every time I watch this family of women, it brings back memories of my mom, sisters and I.  There were special and sweet moments; and there were moments that were not so sweet.  But all those moments we shared together brought us to be the women we are today, as it was for Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy.

lwpub4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are quite a number of similarities when I compare the March girls with my sisters and I. 

lw15a ~ Jo is like Mariel.  Very confident and feisty, but has a soft heart.

lw61a ~ Meg is very much like Kristen.  She has always had a quiet, modest way about her.

lw16a ~ Amy?  Well, you can say that would be me.  The baby who always wanted to do what her sisters where doing; and can be quite feisty herself.

lw78a ~ Beth seemed to exude all of us in one or the other.  We all had a shy side about us, and would rather be in the background then in the spotlight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Jo says,…lw112a “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

christmas-to-you

Comments

Ana said…
I love this movie. It's one of my most favorite movies of all time! I cry every time Beth dies, I sigh every time Jo says no to Laurie, I smile when each girl gets married, or when Jo finishes a book or when she stands in the attic after Beth dies and all the memories flow back. It's just a GREAT movie!
Ana said…
Oh, BTW, I love your new profile picture!
Amy said…
We watched Little Women on Thanksgiving, and even the guys got involved. I haven't watched it in years, but you are right, such good memories. Enjoy your day.
Ana said…
I tagged you on my blog ... please don't feel like you MUST do it if you'd rather not. :)
Wallers said…
Very sweet. Thanks Heather. "Meg" are you sure???

Love ya,
Kristen
Leah said…
This is another one of my favorite movies! I love Jo! She is my favorite.

Popular posts from this blog

Something’s Gonna Give

A Baby Changed Everything!

Craft Fair and other news