Diary of My Single Life

There is one part of being single that I find quite challenging. The waiting is hard; but the most challenging is the men in your life. Being single, as long as I have, I have found many a man that I have been interested in. They come.....and they go! They come into your life; you are attracted to them; you find them easy to talk to, and they have a great sense of humor; they love the Lord, so on and so on. These men are the one's you start thinking that this is the "one" you've been waiting for. Then you, either, lose interest in them because you found that they aren't exactly what you want; or they start dating or courting someone else, when you thought they were interested in you; or they are much younger than you and you can't wrap your head around being with them; or it's one of those men that you just can't get out of your mind, and it's the long drawn out process of liking them for so long that it will come to complete heartache, AGAIN! Well, at the moment, I'm dealing with one of these areas....and no doubt it might end up, yet again, that this man is not who God has chosen for me. I have come to find that throughout these years, I have become prone to this constant merry-go-round that I feel nothing will change; that I will be single forever and will continue this monotonous ride. But.......I hear God's promise to me that this will not go on forever. Sometimes I find doubt in His promise and lose hope. Oh how much I don't want to do that to my God! But He lifts me up after everytime I lift up my sorrows to Him, and I once again find hope in His promise.
I know he's coming, the man I'll love!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I can both relate and feel for you. My prayers are with you. God is faithful.
Lizzi said…
Boy- do I know how you feel! Do you still live your parents by any chance?
Amy said…
I just found your blog...and wanted to let you know how much I like it! I have really enjoyed the figure skating video. I'll stop by again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Something’s Gonna Give

My Future Birthday Gift

Craft Fair and other news