My Future Birthday Gift

There’s a great advantage for working at an Antique Mall!! Of course one of those reasons is that you get to enjoy all those beautiful antiques. Another is that you get a employee discount.

Well, the one advantages I love the most is that you get to pick your birthday gift, and everyone pitches in to get it for you!

Just the other day I was making an inventory for someone who was looking for Beatrix Potter figurines. There’s a lot of those, by the way! They are soooo cute! Anyway, while I was writing down the info of one I found, something caught my eye.

Do you want to see it?!!

johnson_brothers_old_britain_castles_pink_china_tea_pot_and_lid_P0000259884S0094T2

It was a Johnson Brothers “Old British Castles” Teapot. I picked it up “ooing” and “awing” over it, and found a price that seemed too good to be true!! Well, I had to put it down, knowing I could never get it, even if it was a great price.

I went on with what I was doing, but I just had to show my co-workers my recent “love”. As I was doing so, my co-worker asked me when my birthday was. I told her it was in November. The next thing she said was, “give it to me then”. My reaction was, “but it’s not until November.” She said if this is what you really want, then let’s get it before someone else gets it.

Woo hoo!!!!!

One thing though, I have to wait till my birthday to get it, but I think it’s worth the wait!! This will start off my collection!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~lord-bless

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oooo that is so pretty!!!

My birthday is on November too! When is yours?
Ooh, Heather!! I LOVE it! I am collecting teacups and teapots, too! Enjoy it when you get it!!! :)
pinkchocoholic said…
Oooh! It's beautiful! :D
Cindy said…
Happy Birthday early! You will share a birthday month with our fifth child (unless he decides to come early). It is a beautiful teapot! I love pretty things! I know you will enjoy it. Are all the photos in the previous post your home? It is lovely and inviting!
Wallers said…
Hey sis, I'm really enjoying your blog and also the one you recommended "Warm Pie, Happy Home". She inspires me.
Love ya.

Popular posts from this blog

Something’s Gonna Give

Craft Fair and other news