Family Visit

The day of the Summer Ball, my sister, and some of her children, came to visit us. Her husband and my nephew, Andrew, went to Ensenada, Mexico, for a Missions Trip. That was also my other nephew, James, birthday...which I missed since I was dancing. :( But I did make his birthday cake! We enjoyed their 5 day visit! On Sunday, I got to do Tori's, my niece, hair. OH how much she loved that! I became her best friend after that! :P Below you will see one of many pics I took of her. She wanted to make sure I got tons of those! :P After church, Tori, Jon and I, went to go see Wall E. What a cute movie, but a bit different to the other Pixar movies. After the movie, my sister brought the rest of the kids to a Ice Cream Shop to enjoy some ice cream on a hot day! You would think the kids were the messy one's when eating Ice Cream....well, it ended up that Kristen and I made the biggest mess with our Ice Cream! The next day, I had to work, but my sister and some of the kids came to visit the Antique Mall and enjoyed seeing so many things! Once I got home, we kind of lounged around and ended up playing Pictionary. Well, that is, after running some errands and making last minute phone calls for my upcoming Civil War reenactment. I was going to sew, but it just was too late to do that. We enjoyed our game of Pictionary, and the kids did a good job drawing! Tuesday, I worked again. That night I continued to sew my Civil War dress, while my sister and I watched Runaway Bride. I haven't seen that one in a long time, and it was nice to watch it with my sis. Wednesday, was, again, a sewing day for me. Then we had a picnic dinner at our local park, that I never been too! It's a great place, especially for the kids! The playground was just huge! They also had a water fountain (I guess that's what you call it) for the kids to run through! Jon and Tori enjoyed that, while Allie and James enjoyed the playground. Enjoy the pictures of their visit below!
She just loved her hair!
Allie
This is a toy my nieces and newphes love to play with when they come to visit. My dad got this on a missions trip to Moldova.
Tori was able to purchase a Polly Pocket that she was saving her money for.
And Jon found a very useful way to use the box that the Polly Pockets came in! Always the comedian!
Pictionary!
King of the Volcano!
Jon decided to stick his face in the sand after he poured a handful of sand onto my niece's face when she was getting buried.
I love the feel of sand between my toes!
I love this picture!
James saw a helicopter and this was his expression! :D

Comments

Robert said…
Some of the pictures I have found on other blogs and websites.Another site for pictures is www.allposters.com.

I have also used google.I would search for an artist like Edmund leighton or a subject like Victorian art.

I have similar images that you can use if you'd like.I enjoy 19th century artwork.
Anonymous said…
Hi Heather! Sorry I haven't left a comment before, just seems like I always have something else to get to, like cooking, finding where those kids went to etc! I think it is great that you are involved in the civil war re-enactment! There is an encampment here near us every September and it is one of our favorite things to visit! Last year the boys enjoyed it so much we went twice! JJ is already asking if it is time for it yet. I checked into costumes etc just out of curiosity and people sure put a lot of money into it! Sound like fun. Your ball looks very enjoyable as well! Nice to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Something’s Gonna Give

My Future Birthday Gift

Craft Fair and other news